Pasadena Neuropsychiatry is an established Southern California TMS center that has performed over 5,000 successful TMS treatments. Here, we go beyond medications to help our patients find relief through interventional treatment modalities. So, why should someone choose TMS?
What Is SoCal TMS?
TMS, or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, has been a mental health treatment for over a decade, and the technology has developed over the years. TMS sends magnetic pulses to the brain, where they stimulate neural activity. We use BrainsWay’s dTMS, Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, which can reach deeper structures with greater accuracy than traditional rTMS machines. Brainsway dTMS has been FDA approved for the following conditions:
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Treatment-Resistant Depression (TRD)
- Anxious Depression
- Smoking Cessation
If you or someone you love has not been able to find relief with medication alone, it may be time to consider interventional treatments such as TMS or Spravato treatment in Pasadena.
Southern California TMS Center Benefits
Countless individuals seek help for their mental health with little to no success. Fortunately, studies show that dTMS is highly effective for people who do not find success with traditional treatment methods. Here are a few statistics you should consider.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are only effective for roughly 28 percent of patients.
- It can take four to eight months to discover whether or not SSRIs are an effective treatment for an individual.
- People who received treatment with BrainsWay D™ and medication in the STAR*D Study saw a 60 percent remission rate in depression symptoms.
- People who only received medication in the STAR*D Study saw an 11 percent remission rate in depression symptoms.
- People who received rTMS and medication in the STAR*D Study saw a 44 percent remission rate in depression symptoms.
- BrainsWay D™ is the only machine that is cleared by the FDA to treat patients with OCD.
The information that we have about the benefits of TMS continues to grow along with the treatment protocols.
For example, the BrainsWay D™ Theta Burst shows great promise for people struggling with Addiction and PTSD. Additionally, the SAINT Protocol is proving to be highly effective for individuals with suicidal ideation. One study at Stanford demonstrated an 80 percent success rate.
Choosing a SoCal TMS Provider
If you are considering interventional treatments such as TMS, make sure that your physician is board certified and adheres to APA+ADA guidelines. You also want to work with someone who keeps up with the latest research and technology and listens to your concerns. At Pasadena Neuropsychiatry, we believe in empowering patients to make informed medical decisions.
If you have any questions about TMS or other interventional treatments we provide, such as Spravato treatment in Pasadena, please do not hesitate to reach out. Our team will help you determine which treatment option will work best for your needs and develop a plan that considers your medical history, lab work, comfort levels, and more. We go above and beyond for each patient to ensure that they find long-term relief.